Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where did all this stuff come from?

Unpacking really makes you see what all you have. Many things we don't just have one of, we have several of. Every time we move, we acquire more tools to use while we are trying to unpack the stuff.

I have at least 10 pairs of scissors. I have one with Jason's name written on it from his elementary school days, he is now 21 years old. So why is it that when I want a pair I can't find any?

We don't seem to get rid of anything.

Every year I buy the young kids a new box of crayons and resupply along the way as needed. Somehow many crayons make it home at the end of the year and make it into our crayon stash. Before we moved, I threw away pounds of crayons, I know that some dated back a good 10 years.

So, a lot of my time has been spent unpacking and trying to decide what to do with the stuff. In this house it is so easy to just keep and worry about it later because it does have a lot of storage. I have a long way to go!

We have decided to stay in Smalltown, SC, after a lifetime of moving I just feel at home here. This is a first for me.....47 years of moving and I feel like I have come home. So, we put an ad on Craigslist last night for free moving boxes.....we have a few extra with many still in the house. Someone replied this morning and is coming over today.


I put all the toys in one space but haven't had time to even get to them yet. The little ones have pulled some out and are so content to be home. We got Larissa her bike and the little ones spend many hours every day riding. Ha, after the first day Larissa came to me complaining that her bottom hurt, too much bike riding.

Yesterday we did get to Augusta to find John an apartment. We were able to find him a place very close to work so he is content. He will be 100 miles away so he will be home every weekend. He is giving them a year and then will be trying to get closer to home.

Lots to do today so I'd better get at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment