Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How I Paint My Zebra Furniture

Early in my blogging days I painted this dresser....in the middle of the house. Since then I have had people visiting my blog daily to look at it. I really didn't tell how I painted it....my secrets.
.
A while back I bought Sarah a really nice solid wood TV cabinet for $40 off of Craigslist. Those big TV cabinets are outdated now because so many people have gone to big, huge TV's that don't fit in them anymore.
.
I painted the cabinet in black and white. The white areas are where I put the zebra stripping. I used my magic touch to outline the zebra stripping.......

Yep, a black sharpie to outline the stripes. You really can't go wrong with your design. No two zebra's are alike.
.
After doing the outline you simply paint in between the lines. If you go outside of the lines it is not a big issue. They are just there for a guide.


Jason is not a painter but even he got into the painting action.

So, what do you think? Pretty unique and inexpensive to do.



15 comments:

  1. Wow so smple yet so effective! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes my eyes go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out fantastic!

    I would be thrilled if you would link this up at my second ever Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL...going on right now (we had almost 300 links last week...can you tell I'm excited??! : ))

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-2.html

    Would love to have you by for a visit!

    P.S. I'm a new follower. : )

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is so awesome! I want to do that now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your zebra painting turned out great! I have this linked to my animal prints DIY post too today, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through Inspire Me Heather- I love how you did this!! A sharpie to outline- genius!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete