Thursday, June 23, 2011

Finished Castle Loft Bed

Do you remember this original sketch?  This is what my mind envisioned.


This is what I built.  What do you think?  Larissa is very pleased with her castle bed.  There are shelves on the bed side where the two towers are.  This gives her space for her lamp, clock and such..


The Prince is front and center.

The stairs are actually built on a very strong and sturdy cabinet that I bought at Goodwill. There is an opening inside so that she has storage inside for her girly "stuff".  The rail is a upcycled, recalled crib rail, I loved the lines of it.

The wood for the bed was around $250 all bought at Lowe's.  The paint for the entire room (used for the bed, walls and furniture) was $100. 

Larissa is contemplating what she wants for her wall mural..........
 
(The plans for joining of the bed came from Ana White)

9 comments:

  1. Good lord woman, you are like the energizer bunny. I wish I had a tenth of your energy and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job...you have a gift. I've seen those for sale...around $1200?? I find it simply amazing that you pulled all this together using existing materials also. I would love to see it in person! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be the coolest mom EVER! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are amazing! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so super cute built for a princess for sure come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! The bed is amazing, looks wonderful, a perfect place for a sleepy princess to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know I'm featuring this tomorrow. It is absolutely incredible. Thanks so much for linking it!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love it ! Great Job, www.bargainfun.net

    ReplyDelete