Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Long day........set to go

The moving truck showed up bright and early this morning. We are ready to this move over with. Along with the movers I received a call from the carpet cleaners telling me that they would not be able to come. Hmmm, nothing like a list minute cancellation. Thankfully, I was able to find another company that was willing to come out as soon as the movers left.


They worked fast at loading the truck until it became apparent that everything was not going to fit. They slowed down as they tried to fit too much stuff in too little of a space.


As they got closer they realized the truth....it was not going to fit.


All full, unfortunately not everything is packed. They stuffed some stuff behind the cab and called for another truck. We will see what shows up at the other end. I will be shocked if everything makes it. Of course, there will always be damage as well.


In more important news....Anthony lost a tooth today. We were at church and he complained that he couldn't eat his pizza. I asked to look at his tooth and could see the new one coming in so with a yank the old one was gone. Now, the tooth fairy needs to remember her duties. I must be getting too old for this because the last time the tooth fairy forgot to come until after breakfast! Yea, one of my failures, I don't make a good tooth fairy.


I am going to miss the church we have been going to. This is actually the first church I have attended since being saved where I feel that I have a fellowship with the women class and I was able to learn so much from those women. I never attended church as a child and was saved in 2002 in my old age. It is not easy sometimes to live a Christian lifestyle when you have never had an example to go by. But, that is a story for another day. Tomorrow we hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment