Friday, May 28, 2010

Lessons from Shrek

Yesterday we took a break from our unpacking to take the kids to go see Shrek. It was a very cute story and I am not sure if my little ones understood what the moral of the story was, but I did.


Shrek was living the good life but it got boring. He wished for the "good" old days when he could be an ogre. He got his wish and lost everything in the process. Naturally, the rest of the movie was about how he got his life back.


I wonder how many of us are like Shrek, not appreciating what we do have. The old the grass is greener on the other side theory. I know that sometimes I get bogged down in life and responsibilities and don't really appreciate all that I have in life.


Sometimes I am just too busy, too distracted, too surrounded by "stuff", to really appreciate my family. But, I wouldn't trade them for my "old" single days. I love my family and my crazy life. It is mine and I have no desire to wish it away.


I think that I am going to try and slow down just a little bit and really enjoy my crazy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment