Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Trying

I really am trying.....to get rid of stuff. I just don't know how we end up with so much stuff. It just seems like we have an excess of everything and I really am not sure why it is hard for me to get rid of it. I went through my closet today and did get rid of some clothing and shoes. I really need to get rid of more of my clothing that I haven't worn in a long time. Maybe one day next week I will try again. I did have several bags of stuff to take to Goodwill today.



I wonder why it is so difficult for me to get rid of clothing that I can't fit into at this time. I guess that my dream is to lose weight even though I haven't lost any weight in a long time. I have had hypothyroidism for years now and find that I gain about 5 lbs a year. Of course, after my last doctor visit my doctor said that my thyroid numbers were "out of whack" and she doubled my thyroid medicine. I need to go next week to get my numbers checked again, ugh, add that to my list of things to do.

I am going through my clothing again later this week with the thought that if I do lose lots of weight then I can go buy new clothing. Hmmmm, wonder if that mindset will work. Seems opposite of trying to get rid of clutter.....to think of shopping. Oh well, maybe it will work.

Less the two weeks and we will be on our way! These last few weeks are flying by and I still have too much to do.

I'd better get to bed, I expect I will have breakfast in bed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment