Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Zebra dresser

My March project.


I love to paint. I have never taken any art or painting classes but it hasn't slowed me down. One day I would actually like to take a painting class, it is on my to do list. My daughter Sarah has decided that she wants her bedroom decorated with zebra decor. Currently we are living in a rental so I can't do anything with the walls. This leaves furniture. She currently doesn't have a dresser in her room so I decided to find one to paint. My favorite place to find inexpensive furniture is Craigslist. After scouring Craigslist for about a week I found this dresser for $60. Perfect for what I had in mind.

I sanded, primed and painted the base black and the drawer fronts white. I was doing this in the middle of the dining room because you can't fit anything in the garage. We seriously need a Clean Sweep out there, but that is another post. Since I was painting in the middle of the house I was limited to painting at night after the little ones went to bed.



I then free hand painted a zebra stripe design to the front of the drawers and added new knobs. Such a simple project with such a big impact. Sarah loves her new dresser and I loved the price. Now I am wondering what to do next, I am thinking some type of chair but I am trying not to start new projects since I am supposed to be preparing to move in June. Ohhh, keep me off of Craigslist.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh!!!!!! I love that!! I am looking for a zebra dresser right now! I'm gonna have a striped room!!!

    ReplyDelete