Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bittersweet Mother's Day

This is the first year I had Mother's Day flowers delivered from one of my kids, one of the advantages of grown kids. Colorful flowers, not roses, my favorite. Thanks David and Tasha.

Anthony made me a card all by himself. I really love it when they are able to make their own cards and express themselves.


I also enjoy the hand prints....

and the breakfast in bed. Sarah made me some fried potatoes with onion and mushrooms with scrambled eggs. It was delicious.


Then I spent the afternoon visiting with my mom at the nursing home. Last week, she tried to get up and walk without assistance and fell. She bruised her hip, they had to xray it to make sure she didn't break it. She is not supposed to walk unassisted. I really hate it when she falls, she fell when she was in my home several times, once she broke a shoulder. I took her some flowers, a card, some pictures, new house slippers and a new house dress in the style that she likes to wear.
I worry, since she is staying in Texas I wonder when I will get to Texas to see her after we move. I hope that my brother is able to do the duties that he needs to do. I don't like that idea of no one visiting her. My mom and I talked today and she wants to stay in Texas. She was born and raised here so this is home to her. She is also terrified to flying to SC, even if I accompany her.
So, I only have a few more visits with her before I leave. My brother has found a nursing home close to him that he likes but I am not sure where he is in the process of getting her a bed. I don't think that she will be settled in her new home before I leave. I need to take a leap of faith and trust that my brother will take care of things, that is hard for me to do.
After visiting with my mom, we went to an early dinner at Genghis Grill.
Waiting for our food.

Nah, my kids never eat with their fingers.

Anthony ate all of his bowl and part of Larissa's. I do believe that he is about to have a growth spurt.

It was a good Mother's Day, I heard from all my scattered kids and ate lots of food. I had a great visit with my mom but on some level find the visits to be painful. I know that it is life and growing old. Before I know it my daughter will be celebrating her own Mother Day and the cycle will continue on. Truly, I am blessed on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment