Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Project is Brewing


This is my old family room.  It was too small for our family so we added on a 500 sq ft living space off to the right of it.  This room comes directly off of the kitchen.  Our old dining room comes off of the kitchen too.  However, it is now Anthony's bedroom because he had to be downstairs.  The only other bedroom downstairs is the master bedroom and I am not giving that up!  I guess that the formal living room could have been used as a bedroom but I don't think that my husband would be too happy about giving up his hideaway.


My project for the next few weeks is to make this space into a dining room.  Why?  Because we have 9 people living in this house and we don't all fit in the breakfast nook in the kitchen. 

Tasha is coming home for Thanksgiving so that gives me the push to work on this project.  Also, I bought an old scuffed up dining room set off of Craigslist and it would be nice to get it out of the garage (as though we would actually part a car in there).

The dining room set only came with 5 chairs so I plan on building a bench seat for one side.  It works well in the breakfast nook so hopefully it will work out here.  You can fit a lot of little ones on a bench seat.

I don't have much of a budget so my wished for wood floors will have to wait.  That room needs wood floors because all of the traffic flow in the house goes through that room and thus the carpet is never clean enough.

I am giving myself a budget of $100 for this project since the main furniture has already been bought.  A large part of the budget will be on the bench seat.

We shall see if I can do it with school and kids. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment