Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hiatal Hernia Anyone?

I have known for awhile that I have a hiatal hernia. It hasn't given me too much trouble except for the other day when I got sick. Literally, nothing would go down to my stomach. It was blocked off for three hours. Do you know how much spit you produce? Wow, a lot! I got some stronger meds and hopefully that will keep it happy for awhile.

I also got a prescription for my thyroid meds. It would be nice if I could blame all my weight gain on my thyroid issues, but I am sure that my lack of exercise is partially to blame. I am not sure how much though. Seems like I have gained about 5 lbs every year since my thyroid issues were diagnosed. Not too long ago my thyroid was "out of whack" according to my Texas doctor. So, both Larissa and I are going in next week to get out blood drawn. Guess we will have to go out to breakfast together afterwards. Can that be counted as a bonding moment?
.
I did ask our family doctor about Anthony's bug problem. She finds is concerning given his family history and his own. We are trying to find a doctor to see about medicating for his bipolar. Could it be a manic thing? Right now we are just documenting and hoping it is an odd thing. But, if it happens again then we will have to investigate further.
.
In other child news, I lost Anthony today. Not really, but his bus driver and I are at odds. We live two houses away from the bus stop and the bus driver has told me that if I am not standing on the corner where he can see me when he comes down the main street then he will not drop off Anthony. He said he would be there at 3:05 every day. I imagine that you can see where this is leading.
.
Today I head out of the house at 2:57 (according to my computer so it must be accurate) to wait for Anthony. Normally I get there at 3 and wait about 5 minutes for him to come. So, I am standing there counting grass blades wondering if they had a fire drill or something. The sweat is pouring down my back and I am afraid to go inside to check on the time because I know that will be when the bus will come. I don't wear a watch because I use my cell phone to tell time. Don't you?
.
Finally, Sarah's bus comes and I know that hers comes at 3:30 so I head in to call transportation. They try reaching the bus driver and he doesn't answer. I call the school and they say he did get on the bus. At this point I realize that the bus driver must have come early and just kept on going. I call transportation again and they finally tell me that the driver did pass my street and he will drop him off at the end of his route.
.
So, at 4:15 the bus driver comes right to my front door. I tell him that he had to be early because I was at that corner by 3. He says that he must have just missed me. I told him that I didn't have time for this and that I would be picking Anthony up from school from now on.
.
So, just in case everyone thinks I am actually sitting home eating bon bons, just drive my schedule one day. New schedule, I will leave the house by 7am to drop Anthony, Larissa and now Sarah off by 8, pick Larissa up at 11:30, pick Anthony up at 2:40. Two day a week leave at 3:30 for class in town, take kids to Tae Kwon Do at least one day a week (the school says do three, hahahaha), attempt to hit some Wednesday church nights, help with algebra and study sometime for myself. I wonder if that is why my hiatal hernia is acting up.
.
In my school news they want more documentation about my residency. Geez, I may yet be out of state. So, I have a book of documentation that I need to send them and naturally right in the middle of printing it up I run out of ink. I have a new computer and a new printer. Neither is set up yet. The computer needs the drivers for the wireless card and I can't find them. So, I need to look them up and save them to a flash drive and transfer it to the new computer so I can be online. The new printer will be set up to that computer. well, all this is leading to say that it required a trip to Walmart today to get ink. I now have everything but don't know if I should fax it or take it in. Taking it in will require at least a 2 1/2 hour block of time. Ah, I will fax it.

I cancelled my pets vet appointment for tomorrow morning. I will be taking the kids to school and then coming home to study! I REALLY need to do some reading . I have a quiz on Monday in one class and haven't even begun that reading. Next semester I am definitely only taking two classes!

So, finished with my daily rant and am off to do laundry and clean up. I refuse to post a picture of my kitchen....imagine the one a few days ago.....the before.

No comments:

Post a Comment