Monday, February 28, 2011

Walk to Cure Diabetes

In a few weeks there will be a walk to raise funds for a Cure for Diabetes. My daughter Tasha asked me to post about a friend of hers who will be walking for her daughter. Her daughter Alissa is 9 years old. She is trying to find sponsors for her walk. If you are interested in finding a cure for diabetes and supporting her please visit her donation site.

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk/Chapter-CentralFlorida4134?px=1221035&pg=personal&fr_id=1256

.
Childhood diabetes has not been an issue I have personally had to deal with. Anyone coming here have any experiences to share?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. We once had a 3 year old foster son who was type 1 diabetic...lots of hard work, but he was the cutest thing! i'll be sure to visit her page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time reader, first time commenter. :)

    One thing people seem to forget is those adorable type 1 diabetic babies and children grow up. I've been type 1 Diabetic for 15 years now. It was hard, especially during the rebellious teen years, but I have made it this far, thanks to the research that has been done to help improve our lives.

    I will definitely be checking out her page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    My name is Nicole. I am the one who asked Tasha for her help! I am Alissa mother! I just want to say thank you for posting this. It means the world to Alissa and I! She has been though alot in her life and she is one strong little girl! We are hoping for a cure in her life time! Every penny for research helps so thanks in advance for anyone willing to help by sponsoring us for the walk!

    ReplyDelete