Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Plain Busy

This week has been so busy that I can't believe that it is only Wednesday. I thought that yesterday was Friday for sure. I do believe that I fell asleep in class yesterday. If I wasn't sleeping then is sure was zoning out.
.
I was able to get Sarah and my nephew enrolled in a virtual school. We all went to Columbia on Monday for a mandatory orientation. They have been doing some testing and online orientation classes this week and will start classes on Friday. Sarah has English, chemistry, US history and German. She is real excited about being able to take German. She took it in Texas but it is not offered at the local school here.
.
Tylor has been staying at our house this week until all the testing and orientation classes are over. I will be overseeing his education along with Sarah. His grandma, Cindy, does not have much computer knowledge.

Do not let the hats fool you, the house is warm enough. I am not sure what is going on with the hat thing, Sarah wants to wear hers all the time.
.
I have so many school projects to do that I am constantly in a state of confusion. I need to find kids with intellectual disabilities, lots of them for lots of required projects. I also spend time in local schools throughout the week as well as attend my 4 classes. My free hours are very limited and the homeschooling has added more to my plate. For this reason I have decided that after our two foster kids go home we will not take any others until life is back to normal (well, our normal). I don't feel that it is fair to the foster children to have such little free time for them. We will continue to pursue adoption and make adjustments as needed if we get a call. This is a very hard decision for me to make but one that I feel is necessary at this time. I do believe that I have reached my limit, sigh.
.
So far John has not been able to get back home. We are hoping that some jobs will open up this summer but we are getting frustrated. I am tired of being a single parent during the week and John is tired of being alone. We constantly think up different options but haven't come up with anything workable yet. I guess that we are just not very patient.
.
Today I was watching the news while at the doctors office with Sarah (strep throat) and they talked about how house prices were falling again. This does not help our situation. I guess it doesn't matter anyways, with Cindy living here we just don't think that we can move away again. The last time we did Cindy was left without support and broke her ankle. She had no one to help her. I will try harder to be patient.....I know that we are lucky that John has a good job......but it is just hard sometimes.
.
Sometimes I wish that I had more local friends, more support for myself. Seems like I am the support person for everyone else. John and I have always taken care of everyone else and have not been able to rely on anyone but ourselves. I don't have any friends to call on if I get sick or need a break. When the foster baby went into the hospital, John had to take time off of work to cover the hospital stays. I couldn't relieve him because I had the homefront. Sometimes I just want a friend, someone to talk with, go to lunch with or shopping. I don't know why it is so hard to find, I guess I just don't have the time.
.
Well, enough of the whining......
.
I am currently in search of new hair products for Larissa. Her hair is getting thicker and longer and I haven't found anything that we like. Anyone know of some good products for this hair type...................

Tomorrow will be a nice day. I plan on keeping Larissa home and having a girl day with her. We plan on doing lunch and just having some one on one time. Sometimes I just need to slow down and have those special times. Hopefully she will want something besides McDonald's!

Well, I am off to bed. My alarm goes off way too early and if I get to bed past midnight I have a tendency to press that little snooze button.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the schooling set up. Kids in school and going to school yourself cannot be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad that scattered across the country are Mamas in the same shoes..isolated and finding it difficult to make friends because, honestly, our lives are complicated and don't tie up in neat little packages because of the many hurting children we've committed ourselves to! Your statements are repeated on many blogs I follow, in many emails I exchange, in my own heart. Why is it we all have to live so far apart!! Prayers that the day will work out soon when you and your husband are not so far apart so much of the time and a stronger support system comes into place. I sure wish I had a stronger support system here as well..I know we could do so much more with a little logistical help :( Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair product: http://www.ultrablackhair.com/products/ProductOrdering.html
    If you copy and paste this...Abigail has VERY thick tight curls. We use the conditioner, the dew spray to comb her hair out, and the lotion creme when we leave it down, as we are styling it. I get LOTS of compliments on her hair, on of the most common being how soft it is. :) If you want to know more let me know.
    Hope life slows down a little soon!!!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isolated....yes, that is a good word to describe the way I feel some days.

    Andrea, I will have to try that product, thanks.

    ReplyDelete