Friday, February 4, 2011

Life in General

Today we withdrew Sarah from school. I am looking at enrolling her in some online classes. Just when my life is at its fullest I am looking at homeschooling. I promised Sarah when she went back to school that if she had more problems then I would pull her out and home school her. A promise is a promise, even if it comes at a bad time!
.
I really find it sad that my daughter will not have any great memories of high school. All she will remember is the kids who bullied her. Girls can be so mean.
.
The foster babies had a visitation today. They seem to be doing well with their visitations. I have had some kids who had major behavioral issues after a visit. It is nice to not have that. So far they still have a mid-March court date so we will see how that goes.
.
The baby is doing so much better. Her eyes still water a lot but she is awake and happy more often. She is well on her way to being 100%. We still don't know definitely what her problem was. I wonder if she had a reaction to one of her immunizations.
.
John came home on Thursday night and will be in charge all weekend. I have drill this weekend. It is supposed to be in the low 40's with rain in the morning. We will be out doing weapons qualifications. I really don't like the cold. Especially when they don't give you the right gear. Apparently they will have some cold weather gear but no gloves so I am taking a pair of my own black gloves. Ugh, did I mention that I don't like the cold? And I will get to sit out it in all day tomorrow, ugh. However, I keep telling myself to suck it up and not complain. So, I am complaining here but tomorrow I will not. I need to remind myself of that tomorrow when I am shivering. I would like to know who scheduled this activity in February. The odds of it being pretty cold in February are pretty good, even here in SC. But, I will not complain. (I am getting too old for this!)
.
Tasha, her husband and some friends are staying here this weekend to go to a wedding. Naturally they come on a weekend when I will not be around. I really do miss having Tasha around, she left way too quickly for my likes. I guess we have to let them go sometime.
.
Sigh, not much else going on. I am feeling down for some reason, I think it is stress. Classes are crazy and some of the projects I have to do are frustrating for me because I don't work in the school system. I need to find some students to work with and don't have the contacts. Wow, I feel like I am just complaining tonight. Maybe going off tomorrow and freezing will put me in a better mood.
.
I think it is time for a project. They always make me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. I have an extra pair of black gloves in my car (not military issued lol) if yo want them let me know when you get up! I love you, have fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have FL virtual school here which is a certified high school online program. We also have a small charter school. That is where Adam is. It's small enough that the teachers pretty much know everything that is going on. If you do online, you can get her in other community things so that she has those memories.

    ReplyDelete