Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gotta Love It

Well, apparently the state refuses to allow us to be over the 5 child limit because we actually have 8 kids in the home right now. Wow, this is news to me! You just gotta love it when they do not update their own systems properly.
.
Apparently when we changed L and L's names they didn't change them, they just added two new kids. I did tell the SW that they could feel free to send me all the backdated subsidies for those other two kids. Nah, she is changing the wrong information online.
.
Actually, this is new. The system didn't have us with 6 kids when we were certified foster parents over the summer. I assume it happened at adoptions when we reopened that dusty file and restarted our paperwork to do a new home study. I guess someone is at work over there.
.
The babies have a court date in Mid-March so I am not too worried about the number limit at this time. They will either correct it or they will procrastinate until the court date. They can do that when they want to. Of course, they could also move them tomorrow if we were blackballed in any way.
.
Gotta love the system, otherwise you might just get a little jaded.
.
John and I talked tonight, he wants to get out of foster care. He says that it takes away from the other kids. I agree to a certain point. I also think that it gives them so much. Larissa is such a little mom to those babies. She loves to play with them and wants to change diapers. I really think that it is a give and take and in the end it comes out even.
.
Actually, my bigger concern is the instability of foster care. I do know without a doubt that these kids will go home, I just don't know when. So, the kids do understand that the kids will go home. They know that the foster babies have a mom and dad who are doing what they need to do to go home. It is actually easier then to say that I don't know. That unknown is harder for me to deal with, so I can only imagine how it would be for the kids.
.
I don't know what the future will hold. My preference is to adopt and add a forever child but I know that it may not happen. I have seen families waiting a long time for a child to be matched with them. I guess we will do our part and see what comes our way. If we are meant to have another child then it will happen. I guess that is leaving it in God's hands. We will do our part and allow Him to do His.

No comments:

Post a Comment