Sunday, February 6, 2011

Long Weekend

Well, my long weekend has come to an end....and I am definitely in pain!
.
Yesterday I was up before the sun. I really don't like getting up before the sun.
Unfortunately I haven't been given any gear of my own so I got to wear a Kevlar helmet that was waayy too big. I was finally issued a jacket. I was so thankful for that jacket, it prevented me from freezing to death.
.
Our objective was to get qualified on our weapons this weekend. You have to shoot down at least 23 pop-up targets out of 40. You do this in three types of positions. Before you try to qualify you zero in your weapon...laying face down in the cold, wet mud.
.
My biggest challenge was trying to keep that helmet off of my eyes so that I could see the targets. By the end I was taking a break between pop-ups to hold up my very heavy head. Thus the pain......I obviously need to work on strengthening my neck muscles.
.
I was able to qualify on my first attempt which meant no more laying in the mud. (This old lady can aim and shoot a weapon pretty well) However, others weren't so lucky so I got to stand around in my wet, muddy clothing all afternoon in the cold, wet, windy weather. I really do believe that I am getting too old for this....hmmmm, I think I may have said that before.
.
I actually enjoy doing weapons qualifications....I just don't like cold weather.
.
On the home front everyone survived. The baby has a cold, Kiwi was quite busy, Larissa enjoyed some time with Tasha, Anthony made some bad decisions, Sarah spent the weekend at Aunt Cindy's, Joselin made some very bad decisions and John was very happy to see me home.
.
No rest for the weary, next week will be very full. I need to take care of some paperwork for my mom, follow up on the program for Sarah and fill out the paperwork for my nephew, follow up on a doctors note I received in the mail, return adoption paperwork, study, go to school for my practicum and my evening classes. I am sure I am missing something.
.
I hope that everyone else had a great weekend and stayed nice and toasty warm....sigh. I will thaw out sometime in the spring.

4 comments:

  1. I would not enjoy your weekend at all. I am a whimp.

    I do understand about the bad choices and how emotionally draining that is. Money is disappearing and the person found with the money always got it somewhere else from someone. When we try to track down the story and confirm it, the people are not responsive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Trooper! Hoping you'll thaw out a little earlier than spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog, you have a beautiful family. I tend to lurk more than post but I have left you an award over at my blog http://myendometriosisandinfertilityjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was delighted to see my mud coated wife. It was hard for me to feel pitiful about watching a crabby baby all day when Felica came home looking like she took a belly flop into a mud hole.

    How she takes care of kids, school, college, and the national guard is beyond me. I don't even try to hazzard a guess.

    ReplyDelete