Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When?

So, when do you think the cable man showed up at my house today?
.
6:03 pm.
.
Yep, they seriously don't give you an appointment time (unless you count the day of the week) and they expect you to be there still waiting at 6pm. Geez, and they wonder why we decided to go with a different service provider. I honestly thought that they were not coming or that I had somehow missed the doorbell. It makes me appreciate the appointment times that are within a four hour range. When did customer service become obsolete?
.
I didn't get to make my roast today, I will have to make it on Thursday. It was still a solid mass of frozen meat this morning. I guess that explains why I normally buy and use my meat when it is fresh. I ended up eating a Zaxby's salad instead.
.
John is back in town so he can watch the kids for me tomorrow. I am going to participate in an assessment for a child who is believed to have autism. It should be a learning experience. I know how it is from the parents perspective. I have had/do have children with different behaviors and would love to have some answers.
.
With my degree plan I will get a teachers certification as well as become a certified behavior analysts. The next two years will help me to determine where I want to go. I started school with the intention of teaching. However, I would seriously consider doing assessments as well. Dang, I thought I knew for sure what I wanted to be when I grew up!
.
I spent part of my day packing for the foster babies. John and I are going to a wedding this weekend and the babies are going to respite care (another foster home) for the weekend. When we accepted the children we were under the impression that they would have already been home. We don't really like to use respite care but none of the kids are going and Tasha and Jason will be in charge. Two babies added to the mix would have been too much.
.
I need to start packing for my weekend. John and I don't get away very often so this will be a new experience. Normally we travel en mass with all the kids. I am looking forward to some serious us time. (Where we talk about the kids, ha)
.
Anyone know of anything fun to do in El Paso?

1 comment:

  1. I am still trying to figure out what to be if I grow up.

    Hate sitting around all day for a repair man to show up. Ugh.If they say they don't know when it will be I usually tell them, "Well, I'll be out for the morning so plan for the afternoon." Then I hurry and get everything done.

    ReplyDelete