Friday, October 29, 2010

Just Life

I don't want it to seem that I am complaining about my life. My life is what I want it to be, sometimes overwhelming but mainly just full.
.
Tuesday night we got in way too late so on Wednesday morning I just took Anthony to school and then when I got home Sarah got on the bus. I let the three youngest sleep in as late as they wanted.
.
When Larissa wandered down at 9 am she came to me with her sleepy demeanor and wanted to cuddle. My baby is almost too big to fit on my lap! When did that happen? We cuddled until the babies got up. Such a luxury, such a pleasure.
.
I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday sitting with the babies. My Thursday night class was cancelled so I even slacked on doing my reading.
.
I needed that time to recharge. I needed that time to just sit and enjoy the kids. I have a lot going on right now and really needed some time to process some of it.
.
It helped. Today I actually took a much needed shower. I have made some plans and John and I have made some decisions.
.
I have all the birthdays planned. I am going to do a room redo for Sarah. She gave her fullsize bed to my mom when she moved in and it had to be thrown away when she had her last stroke. So, I have bought a very old full size metal bed frame that needs repainted off of Craigslist. I will have to buy her a new mattress. I am searching for an old end table that I can zebra stripe and something for her TV. Her birthday is in the end of November and my last final is December 6th so a lot of it will get done after that. She will have to pick a paint color. Ahhh, funny, it excites me to have another project.
.
Also, I am going to take more classes so that I can finish school quicker. I feel the need to finish so that we can have other options in case John can't get back home. One is the possibility of taking the family overseas. There are units coming into the area next summer. That will be John's best opportunity for getting back home.
.
Taking more classes will mean that if DSS is not able to get us ABC vouchers then we will not be able to foster until I finish school. However, if our current foster kids don't go home in December we will not have them moved. We will find a way to manage it. A move would not be in the children's best interest. I am working on Kiwi's attachment issues and I know that the baby is attached. No, a move would not be good for them.
.
Adoption plans, not sure where we stand with that. I think that at this time we have to wait to see if John can get back home or if we will go overseas. I still wish someone would adopt Leesia on Reece's Rainbow!
.
John is home, all the kids are in bed........it promises to be a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay to complain. Sometimes things just pile up one after another.

    Need your last name for the prayer list. THey ask for addresses but I don't normally fill them in.

    kathycassel@knology.net

    ReplyDelete