Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What a Mess

Guess what? My house is trashed. There are toys from one end of the house to the other.
.
So what do I do about it? I get the kids to bed and then I read for my class tomorrow night. Then I get on my computer and decide to do a post.
.
Dang, my house is still trashed. Anyone want to come over and help pick up toys, clothing, shoes, papers, crayons, etc? I am eyeballing Sarah but she is doing that dreaded algebra homework, I don't want to interrupt her or she might ask for my help.
.
How quickly I had forgotten about baby equipment. Why is that when they are so little they require the most equipment? Even their toys seem bigger.
.
I guess I could put the bumbo seat away since the babies thighs are too big to sit in it. Hmmmm, well that is about it. We use everything else.
.
As a matter of fact I could use a high chair. I bought so much necessary equipment when they came that it broke the bank. I will get partially reimbursed, $100/kid (someday). That reimbursement is to buy initial clothing, shoes, diapers, formula....well, you get the picture. It doesn't cover equipment. I will hit up the garage sales on Saturday to see if I can find a high chair. I worry that I will get all this equipment and then never get another baby!
.
When going to those garage sales I think I will also look for some inexpensive luggage or bags. Their possessions (all three Walmart bags full) are still sitting in their bags. When we send them home or to another foster home we are supposed to also send the $100 worth of clothing. I refuse to send it in Walmart bags. It just doesn't seem right. I assume that they will leave on Friday so I don't have much time to find one.
.

In other kid news, Larissa stayed home today. We have decided to keep her home, pull her out of the program. I need to let the school know that fact. I know, here I am studying to be a special education teacher and I am pulling my child out of a special education program. It is just not a right fit. The program is only 3 hours long but the school is not close. We have had nothing but transportation issues from the start. But, it is not just transportation. I really wanted her in a 4K program. The class she is in is just not really what she needs and for the first time Larissa is complaining every day that she goes.
.
I feel that I can meet her needs. I feel better prepared myself to deal with the selective mutism. Obviously the school does not know how to deal with it since that statement was made that she just chooses not to talk. I think that statement has just stuck in my mind, I can't get past it. Maybe it has had an impact on my decision to pull her.
.
This parenting thing is hard. I just hope that I am not damaging any of my kids! Maybe they will all just end up just a touch insane like me, I can live with that.

Well, guess I better go pick up some "stuff". I might even hang some pictures in John's office. We bought him a couch off of Craigslist so I can go and visit him in his man cave.

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment