Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This 'n That

This week has gone fast, tomorrow I have class again. I have been more aware that time is flying and have been trying to keep up with my reading. I actually have a midterm test next week and then a 15 page paper with a powerpoint and 45 minute presentation two weeks after that. Uh, I really haven't done much for that yet but print up a few articles. I just realized that I need to get back with the district office with some paperwork. I started a process to observe classes then stopped right in the middle of it. I think that Larissa's IEP threw me off this week.
.
Larissa really enjoyed her program today. She didn't seem to have any problems with keeping up with that all day program. However, she did go to bed earlier tonight.
.
I am trying to get adjusted to the new schedule. In the morning I have to tote the little ones out to the car and strap them in, drop the kids off at three different schools and then come home and take both the kids out of their car seats and back into the house. At 1:45ish I take the kids back out to their car seats and go to Larissa's school. I then take them out of their car seats and go into the school to pick up Larissa. I take all the kids back out to the car and strap the kids in again and then head over to Anthony's school for pick up. Then when we get home I get to take the kids back out of their car seats.
.
Does taking two little ones in and out of car seats count as exercise? I do have an issue with where Kiwi sits, it is hard for me to reach. I have Anthony and Larissa in the back row (Sarah too if John is home), then Kiwi and the baby in the middle row with one seat locked up so the kids in the back can get out for drop off. Kiwi sits in the middle row in the middle. It is hard to get to with the seat locked up. Larissa sits right behind where that seat is locked up so I can help her with her seat belt. Thankfully Anthony can do his own seat belt! I have to laugh, my biggest complaint about all these kids is having to tote them in and out of car seats. I have to be thankful that I have a car that fits all those car seats!
.
Addictions....
.
I have to admit that I have an addiction, I read numerous blogs. I have several that I follow on a daily basis. It is amazing how I can get emotional about someone else's life. One of the blogs I check in every day hoping to see the words "I got a call". They have been trying to adopt domestically for over two years. Two years of rejection is hard, it is even hard to watch someone go through. Well, this week they got that call. They received a baby boy. I was so happy for them I found myself tearing up.
.
I have never had to deal with infertility issues. I have never lived with that pain and so can't say I know what they are going through. However, I am a very empathetic person and do understand the feeling of loss and see their pain. I think that adoption is a great option. From experience, I can say that I know that it is possible to love an adopted child as much as a biological child.
.
I used to have another addiction, Farmville. I have realized that my farm has been severely neglected. Now I have a homestead on Frontierland. I imagine that will get neglected too. I just don't have time for those games anymore. However, I do find myself playing solitaire sometimes.
.
So, fess up, what is your addiction?
.
I am off to study.

3 comments:

  1. My addiction is chocolate. Do you have any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE the in and out of carseats routine. Ugh. It's okay if the school has the teachers bring the kids to the pick up point and they just get in the car but when you have to juggle infants to go in and sign in your child and then to go in and sign them out. Well, gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

    The one time I got written up in foster care was when it was pouring rain and Jasmine was around one and very sick. So I left her in the car with a 12 year old perfectly safe to run in and get a child from gymnastics. One of the gymnastics directors had issues with me (the other two thought our doing foster care was good and even gave scholarships)called it in (Have to be 18 to supervise)and also said I endanger the child when I am there watching because I don't supervise her etc etc. It started a whole investigation and got very stinky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I would stop going to that gymnastics place! It seems like when you are a foster parent you are open to everyones scrutiny. Normal little things you would do as a biological parent are eyes with suspician. Sometimes it is hard to not get bitter. I mean, geez, we make 10.91/day in our state. With that money we have to feed, clothe, house, pay for any entertainment the family does, school supplies if of age, school pictures, school activities, etc. Who watches a kid for 24/7 and pays for everything on $11/day. Then they accuse us of doing it for the money!

    ReplyDelete