Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Beach Trip

We took a short trip to the beach. We didn't take everyone and I can't even begin to explain how heartbreaking that is for me because I love sharing experiences with all my kids. What a difference it made. Driving there was smooth, no bickering, no one annoying anyone. It was nice. We left at noon which was little mans nap time, good choice because he hates to sit in a car seat and does not fall asleep in one unless it is nap time.

We rented a three bedroom condo and invited Sarah's roommate from last year.



Little man is a no go for sand. We stood him in it and he literally froze. He wouldn't move. I sat him in it and he tried to pick his feet up out of it. Finally I sat him in a chair and then took him to the water. He did like the water.




I love the relationship that these two have. They squabble at times like siblings will do but overall they have a loving relationship. They took turns sharing a board and attaching it to each other. There was another one in the room but they didn't want to go up and get it. It is nice to watch a healthy sibling relationship.



The resort had a big curvy slide that the kids loved.






He wants me to put a similar slide into our pool.



We went to the Ripley's Aquarium. I didn't realize that they offered military a 50% discount. I hadn't been to the aquarium before, it was actually very nice.





The kids were fascinated by the sawfish.


and got to touch some jellyfish.




I may try to paint this fish one day.


They had an area about Pearl Harbor. It was actually a great educational experience.






It was a nice trip. Time for the kids to play and enjoy each other without conflict. All the kids got along great. I enjoyed the lack of conflict! 

Joselin stayed home with the girls and our foster girl went to a respite home. More on her in the next post. I am behind and need to catch up. I have a little free time so may do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment