Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Minneapolis

I have been having a great time in Minneapolis. My main reason for coming was to meet with another adoptive mom, Heather, who I have been chatting with online for over a decade. I accomplished that!

Yesterday we went to lunch and then to her mothers house where we had lemonade and cookies. I was able to meet her daughter and leave some rocks.


My first time eating yak dumplings, they were pretty good.


I spent my evenings with my husband. It was nice spending time with him. Typically our date nights consist of going to Walmart.

We are not used to northern tea. Adding sugar to cold tea is not the same as brewing it with it. We like out sweet tea.


We visited the Mall of America. Interesting place and I can't imagine how expensive that place would be for us to take our kids.


Today I had a 3 1\2 hour lunch with Heather. It was so nice being able to sit down and talk with another mom who understands the challenges that we deal with. Much better to sit down and talk than typing messages!

We are packed up and tomorrow bright and early we will return to the land of sweet tea. As much as I have enjoyed our little trip, I look forward to getting home. I miss my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment