Sunday, June 24, 2018

Something New

I am walking into uncharted territory, Larissa wants to model. She wants to take classes. I am so out of my comfort zone with this industry. Everyone has opinions but not any specific help! I hear that so many agencies are really just about making money. I shouldn't pay for pictures. I shouldn't pay for classes. Well that seems odd to me. Seems like if you want to model you might want to take a class. I know you have to have a portfolio of some type with pictures.

Today she went to an audition. She had to do a reading, get a picture and walk the runway. She has never walked a runway but they gave a short class on what they wanted and she did pretty well. There were 6 people there. They said that they will review the videos and will let you know if you have a call back in two weeks.

I had called them to ask about classes, which is what Larissa wants. They offer classes and opportunities to model locally and as you are trained opportunities in other locations. They spend 6 weeks in LA going to auditions every summer.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel. She has asked about this for a while and we wanted to wait until she was a teenager. She will be 13 in September. If anything we are willing to pay for some classes. It was very interesting to watch her today. She didn't realize that she was going to have to do a reading and she looked terrified! There is a group of people watching you. When I think back to the child with selective mutism I am amazed at how far she has come.


She glanced over at me and I gave her a thumbs up.


She then did her reading well and posed for a picture.


If anything I hope that she can build some confidence. We have talked and talked about rejection in this field. Sometimes you just aren't what they want. She says she understands and that she really wants to do it. She also wants to study fashion design and learn how to sew better. Any suggestions for home school curriculum's?

1 comment:

  1. I think it can be a fantastic avenue for success for her, with the right mindset and it looks like you've handled that part well. One of my friend's kids modeled and she loved it. Didn't seem to care about the jobs she wasn't selected for.

    ReplyDelete