Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Frustration

Took my mom to the doctors today.  I am glad that I already had that appointment made.  My mom has had an ongoing medical problem common to women, UTI.  I was able to get the records that show that this problem has been going on since at least October.  I don't have earlier records but plan on trying to get them because I want to see how long this has been going on.  Well, she is bleeding and has something that an antibiotic should have cured.  Our doctor was amazed at the last antibiotic she was given, she said it was for ENT type issues.  I know that my kids had gotten it prescribed for ear infections.  I wonder why they have let this go on for so long.  I am not too happy.

Today my mom wanted to sleep most of the day.  I hope that the new antibiotic helps her to feel better and be more "here".  When she lived with us before she was constantly calling me for help with something.  Now she doesn't call me for anything.  I much preferred her calling for me all the time.

They did blood work so we will see how that goes.  I am concerned because she is almost too weak for me to properly care for.  We hope to get some home health in the house.  I have class tomorrow and am not sure how that will go and even if I will be able to make it.  Thankfully my class this Thursday is online.  I am terribly behind in both classes and right now am too tired to care.

The kids are doing well with grandma.  They were coloring her many papers today.  My mom was having issues with her teeth today and asked the kids if they wanted them.  Ah, you can imagine the questions from the kids as to why grandma's teeth come out.  I think that they looking at teeth brushing a little differently.

Wow, it is 10:30 here and I think I am going to head to bed.  I have so much homework to do but am just too tired to care.  Tomorrow is a new day.  Goodnight everyone.

1 comment:

  1. my mom has alzheimers. a schedule really helps. it takes so much out of an older person who has so much going on around them. when we would visit her there was two or 3 days of wonderful times then she would sleep all day only getting up to pee or eat. so i recommend as much of a schedule as possible. even as far as monday we go to adult daycare. etc.

    ReplyDelete