Sunday, December 12, 2010

Productive Weekend

Laundry....lots of it. Sock matching....lots of it.
.
I think I had a productive weekend because I sorted a lot of laundry. I have no problem with washing, drying and folding laundry. Putting it away, now there lies my problem. For some reason unknown to me I do not like to put away laundry. Larissa just about lives out of her laundry basket of clean clothes.
.
However, I was forced to go through all the clothing. There are piles everywhere. It has been a tough winter. Larissa grew out of all her size 6 clothes from last year but I didn't realize that until it was all brought down and laying around everywhere. Anthony also outgrew his size 8 clothing. Also everyone was wearing summer clothes until this arctic blast came in suddenly. I think the kids wouldn't accept it because they kept trying to wear their summer clothing. I had to go and take all of Anthony's shorts out of his wardrobe and naturally they are sitting in my bedroom (where everything goes that I haven't decided where to put).
.
The foster kids added to the mess. I have the clothing that their parents sent with them (this is new to me) and clothing that they brought on some visits, the baby went from size 9 month to 12 month and is now in 18 month. Kiwi actually hasn't grown much and is still in 24 month or 2T. However, I thought she would do some growing so there are some 3T's sitting around.
.
The foster kids upcoming court date is what started me on this quest to clean up the clothing piles. If they go home on Friday I need to send back everything that their parents sent plus whatever is currently fitting them. The baby is growing fast and what fit her yesterday suddenly doesn't fit her today. I typically send whatever clothing fits at the time plus some that is a little bigger. However, after size 18 month is 24 month and that is the size that Kiwi is wearing. So I finally threw everything size 18 month to 3T in one pile and put all the rest away.
.
So, I felt that I accomplished something and then I run into the GAL today. She wants to have the court date delayed! Honestly I don't agree with her reason but it is beyond my control. So, now once again I am not sure if the babies will go home or not on Friday. At least I do have their toys bought and extra emergency stocking for "just in case".
.
I did do some other things to include getting a Christmas package ready to mail to my mom and my ornament that is going all the way up to Canada. My snowman is going to the snow, seems appropriate.
.
I am contemplating going to Texas to visit my mom after Christmas. However, if the foster babies stay I don't see how that could happen. After the last experience with respite care for just the weekend I would not like to see how a week would go. I don't know, I am still up in the air about the trip. Driving 24 hours by myself doesn't sound like fun, John couldn't go and I don't have any other drivers. I am countering that with the desire to surprise my mom and visit with her.
.
Best moment of the day.....we went out to eat after church and I was carrying the baby. It was cold and windy out so I had her close to me under my coat. She fell asleep. She stayed asleep after I sat down in the restaurant. It was pure joy to sit there with a sleeping baby in my arms. Ha, I am such a sap sometimes!
.
Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Pack 'em up and take them with you. As long as they are with you, they are your family members. I know it's a lot more work. I took two foster babies 16 hours north--first long trip. THey won't remember it but the picture are in the scrapbooks. I do remember what it was like with six small children on the trip and me the only driver.

    ReplyDelete