Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bad Mommy Moments of the Week

What a week it has been for bad mommy moments.

To start the week off right I forgot my tooth fairy duties......again.
.
I am enjoying having a dog in the house. She eats all the food that the baby drops and I have done a lot less sweeping. I think that Lucy will miss the baby when she leaves.
.
Speaking of the kitchen floor.......I spot cleaned those sticky spots because I wasn't up to a full mop job.
.
I keep telling myself to put some of the toys away but never seem to get to it. We have way too many stuffed toys around this house. I let Larissa run around in her pajamas most of the day....then let them pour half the toys out on the floor and play. They were busy for hours so I was happy.
I realized that Anthony was wearing the same shirt he wore yesterday and I didn't make him go and change. (read....less laundry)
.
I said yes when the kids asked for cereal for dinner.

What food group do pop-tarts belong to?
I haven't bought any food for our Christmas dinner or candy for stockings.
.
I didn't do any laundry today, that is highly unusual for me.
.
I have eaten way too many buckeyes.
.
I am sure that if I thought longer that I would come up with more. In spite of all my short comings, the kids are happy and content. They don't seem to notice all my bad mommy moments like I do. I guess that I either compensate in other ways or the kids don't care what the house looks like and how balanced their diet is.
.
I think I may just go and have another buckeye. Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a typical mommy day to me!! I miss those days.
    We would have 'buffet' for dinner .... translation I would put out whatever I could cut up and put on a platter .... apples, ham, dried cherries, plop it in the middle of the table and let them 'sample'

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made the buckeyes yesterday but saved some for Jasmine to dip.

    I ended tooth fairy with Jasmine and since she figured out it was me, she just comes and collects in person.

    The twins get an ice pop when the tooth comes out except when Kaleb bit Jessica and one came out and when he pitched himself on the ground in a fit and one came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! you are a good mom. Take it easy on yourself.

    ReplyDelete