Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Just Relaxing

How we travel at the mall.


Admit it, you would stare too! It is fine with us, we know we are a strange sight. (I do love the stroller by the way)

We had a good time at the mall. We arrived shortly after it opened at 9 am and got a great parking spot. I did find a few items to buy but kept within my budget. I gave the girls some money to go shopping for Christmas presents and they seemed to enjoy themselves. The kids and I sat in the play area for quite a while while I watched people. (I stare too, folks are so interesting)

We then had lunch and were out of the mall by 1 pm. Perfect timing, the crowds were getting thick by that time. Good thing John was at work, he would have gone crazy staying at the mall that long.

I think that after I get kids in bed tonight I am going to work on Sarah's TV center. It needs to be zebrafied and is one of my project objectives for Christmas break.

Nice relaxing day, hope everyone else is having a great day.

It was pointed out to me that I didn't post my Buckeye recipe,

Buckeye recipe:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter (creamy or chunky depending on if you want nuts in it, I used some of both)

1 cup butter softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

6 cups confectioners' sugar

4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl (if you double it like I did make it a huge bowl), mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips. (I actually use a potato smasher) It will look dry and crumbly.

Make it into small balls and sit them on waxed paper. I think that the warmth of your hands helps form the ball.

Put a toothpick in each one and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes. If you skip this step the toothpick will not stay when you dip it.

Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until the chocolate is smooth.

Dip your frozen balls in the chocolate leaving a little peanut butter showing so they look like Buckeyes. Set them on the waxed paper and refrigerate. They need to be kept cold until served.

Small warning, they are addictive.

I actually melted too much chocolate and so went searching for something else to dip.....so we also have chocolate dipped pretzels that the kids love.

4 comments:

  1. Adam is a peanutbutteraholic so I may have him do this. Can you melt the chocolate in the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can melt chocolate in the microwave but you have to be careful not to burn it. When microwaving it, stop it frequently and stir it. I got my little double boiler at KMart for super cheap. It is small but gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting the recipe! I will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned you love your stroller and I am all about first hand recommendations so which stroller exactly is that? I may be needing one soon that can hold more than one child but I know I don't want a traditional double (front/back or side/side). :-)

    ReplyDelete