Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Status

We are doing well here. I have been busy as my next room to conquer was Benjamin’s room. It is slow going. I find that I lack motivation!

This room was a dining room, my moms room and then an office. It had no closet so I had to build one and then we went with wallpaper and red paint. Also painting the ceiling and have trim work to do. What was I thinking?! All those projects in one room!

Today I realized that I didn’t figure the wallpaper right and I am short. No longer stocked where I originally bought but luckily found some on eBay.

Anyone ever paint walls red? It take at least three coats to get good coverage. I figured it would be ok since I was just looking to do below the chair rail. Red was Benjamin’s request, it is his favorite color. I hope it stays that way for a while!

The kids are getting a bit restless. I won’t take them anywhere. We happen to live in the county with the most cases of Coronavirus in SC. Stores are empty and people are either being really cautious or don’t seem to care. There have been a lot of complains about teenagers hanging out together in various locations. Kids are out of school for a reason.

I end up grocery shopping too frequently because of milk and lack of supplies. I had to go to a few stores to find and milk and today I would have been in luck if I wanted chicken feet.


i chose to pull out some frozen hog instead. Haven’t cooked hog before so new to me. We are planning on making pulled pork for dinner. Will have to be sandwiches as I am not going out to look for buns. Those are hard to find anyways, I was lucky to get bread.

Are the stores this was where you are living? It is so strange. A few weeks ago we were looking forward to our DC trip and planning a New York trip and Guatemala trip. So far the DC trip and New York trips are cancelled. Everything has come to a stop. The teens talk about it all the time and last night I realized that Benjamin is starting to have anxiety over it. Last night he slept all night touching me. He slept well, me not so much. He is young and doesn’t understand. Heck, I am old and don’t understand. Well, I do but it seems like we are in a movie and the zombies will show up at any moment. Surreal.

I have been coming to my office in the evening to paint lately. Connected with some Facebook friends by having a painting virtual party where I showed how I paint koi fish. I think I will do another one.

I have also been painting rocks. Most of them are on my Instagram. 

Today my husband came home early. He will be working from home for a while. He is a federal employee and will continue to get paid. Jason isn’t working right now, he had a coworker test positive. Tasha is working, of course, she is a respiratory therapist. Kassi is still working at Lowe’s and Joselin isn’t working as the mall closed. Jason is home and we offered to let Joselin to come home and take care of her child, she said no. I will talk more on Miguel tomorrow.

I know that we truly are blessed in that we still have incomes and the ability to go buy food. So many others are struggling with the basics or serious medical problems. I wonder what our new normal will be moving forward.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys are okay and hope the grocery situation gets better. The stores here in the ATL are problematic but I think my grocery delivery tomorrow (our first!) will be our last food purchase for a month, mebbe two. We have ordered canned fruit, and always have dried, so we have those to offer our boys once the fresh fruit runs out. The bulk of our food is usually produce so this is going to be very strange for our kids. Stranger than it is already, that is. I love your paintings - thanks for sharing then

    ReplyDelete