Sunday, March 1, 2020

Neighbor

My neighbor story actually has a sad ending. We actually hadn't heard from him since the one time I yelled across the fence that he was making my 4 year old cry. I also complained about him looking over the fence at my girls in their swimsuits. We were actually surprised that he stopped and hadn't had any words with him in a long time.

Sadly, a few months ago he went to our fence and shot himself while we were at church. My husband was home and heard the shot however, we didn't know what happened until the next day. I am glad that my kids weren't in the yard at the time.

It was scary to me that he did have a gun when he threatened to shoot the kids. But I also find it very sad that he was obviously dealing with something big and wasn't able to get the help that he needed. I can't imagine what his wife went through and is still going through.

Sometimes when we have conflict with someone we just don't know everything that they are going through. That doesn't excuse what he was saying to the kids but it could have been a sign of something bigger going on or the two may not be related at all.

Regardless, I pray for his wife.

2 comments:

  1. How incredibly sad. Thank goodness your kids did not have to witness that. We just never know what demons someone else is fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sad for him and his family. Good mental healthcare is far too hard to come by for many.

    ReplyDelete