Saturday, March 14, 2020

Craziness

What a day it has been! Our emergency placement left this morning. When putting their shoes on I realized that one boy had two left shoes. Different sizes but same shoe. They did not want to leave, they greatly enjoyed Benjamin’s toys. Actually they left crying. I felt bad for them but we really don’t have a long term space for them. They did find them a permanent placement.

After that we made the decision to cancel our Washington DC trip. We had hoped to see the cherry blossoms but that will have to wait until next year. Thankfully Airbnb gave us back our entire payment.

Then by the afternoon we learned that our kids schools are closing for two weeks. There are Coronavirus cases in our county. We can manage it as I stay home but I do wonder how families will deal with it when they are already living paycheck to paycheck. Add daycare or even just all the extra food. I made a grocery store trip just for lunch foods, spent $200. Not a single roll of toilet paper to be found. Luckily we have two large packs but that will only last so long with our family size.

I am currently at the point where I grocery shop alone. I normally have some kids with me but I’d rather keep the germs where they are. What is everyone else doing? Do you have positive cases in your area? Are your schools closed?

Vaida and Owen are here for two nights. Tasha works the night shift as a respiratory therapist so we occasionally help out. They will go home tomorrow so I can get back to rearranging my mess of a home!


Today we tried some homemade ice cream recipes. We made one with coconut milk so our lactose free kids could enjoy some.


If you are currently home bound, share how you are passing your time!

2 comments:

  1. Currently our schools have closed until april 20th! There are 7 confirmed cases in my county right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering how big families are getting by. My whole family is moving across the country and I keep thinking how will I stick my new house. I mean seriously I have a family of 6. Which to some isn't big but it is when the store shelves are empty and we have 0 food, toiletries, and the basic essentials. Here I thought tornados would be my biggest concern.

    ReplyDelete