Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Room Shuffles

We are shuffling around 4 rooms and it is a challenge! Especially when one room has to stay empty until Friday. We have been struggling for a while with Benjamin. Joselin told him a scary story about upstairs and he will not go up there alone. This has been going on for quite a while. I was contemplating moving him down to one of the offices and putting my office upstairs. Then I went and looked at Emma and Michelle’s room. We were planning on painting it but when I looked at all the damage they had done I realized that the room needed a fit job. Seriously, the flooring had to come up, the walls had been stripped and paper glued to the walls. They were in the FROG which is a pretty big room. They were in there because they can’t stand each other so needed a big space to place furniture between themselves.

Well, I decided I wanted the FROG for my space. My office is so cramped having homeschool space and art space. John wanted my office and Benjamin Johns office and the girls went to Benjamin’s room. What a mess. I decided that since I had to strip the flooring in the girls room that I’d put in carpet. It is over the garage and that will give it extra insulation. They come Friday to put it in. In the meantime I am shuffling rooms and fixing walls in their room. We got rid of some furniture they had written all over and broken as well. 

I helped the girls move but didn’t do their unpacking. It looks terrible, like two caves. They are mad about losing the big space but that is OK with me, I am mad at them for destroying a room.

Michelle glues her papers to the wall and likes to write on walls, furniture and trim, ugh.

Imagine my shock when I walked upstairs and saw what Emma had done! I was shocked. She did this a couple of months ago and I was procrastinating on repairing and painting it. It was on my list of things to do but not top of my list!


Jason helped strip the floor. The girls couldn’t agree on curtains and had two different styles.


I am also building a closet in Benjamin’s bedroom. It used to be my moms room. He wants Star Wars theme and red! Slow going...

Future closet location.


I am excited about my new room and so is Benjamin. The girls have stopped grumbling and o know Michelle likes the location close to the bathroom. I will have to go check their room tomorrow. I told them nothing is allowed on the walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment