Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Miguel

I don’t write too much about my adult kids. I haven’t written about the challenges with Joselin and I won’t go into too much detail. I will say that one of the requirements for living in our home for her was that she didn’t expose our kids to her lifestyle. I am a very open minded person and very understanding but she does some things the kids don’t need to be around. Well, she was not abiding by that and we asked her to leave. A few months later some things happened and I asked her if she needed us to take Miguel for a bit. She asked us to watch him for 4 days in October. Then until the end of the year and then indefinitely. Obviously we said yes.


When we got him he was way overweight and his breathing was affected by it. He is still a hefty kid and actually hurts my back to carry him around! However, his breathing is no longer labored. He was also not walking well and not talking. He quickly caught up with the walking but speech has been slower. He is not starting to babble which is good.

We don’t know how much longer we will have him. When the malls closed down we offered for Joselin to come home and parent him. She chose not to. We had a heated discussion and she said she was coming home to get him. I told her that she couldn’t take him and as a mandated reporter I couldn’t let him go with her. She backed off. Says she will get him after all this quarantine is over. I am not sure about that. I find it difficult because I don’t have all the rights to him. I can’t just change doctor and such. We are completely supporting him and taking care of all his needs. He is a happy baby and I can’t believe that he will be 2 in July. I am at a loss with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment