Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Our Day

Well, got the foster child off to his permanent placement and was asked if we could take two 10 year old boys this weekend. Honestly, we need a break!

Took my foster teen in for an eye exam today. She wears glasses and needed a new pair. I am used to using insurance for glasses with the choice of hundreds of different frames. They showed her the Medicaid choices. There were maybe 24 different pairs. She showed me all the ones she has had in the past. We picked a pair but it bothered me the lack of choices. I have some kids I. Glasses who have never had a limited choice and don’t realize the opportunity they have to pick their glasses because we pay for them. I am tempted to actually use Medicaid next time the glasses get broke or lost.

Teen also had visitation today and her mom talked with the social worker about signing away her rights on all her kids, not just teen. That is a change and I know that another sibling wants adopted by her foster family as well. I need to push to make sure dss does what they need to do to ensure we don’t run out of time.

Larissa started her new medication today and she just came down crying. She says that she feels like her heart is about to explode, it is beating so fast. She is also having shooting pains in her head. Ugh. Calling neurologist tomorrow.

Larissa’s doll came in today! Will share that tomorrow. I am laying in bed with Benjamin and about to fall asleep!

Goodnight, Hope everyone had a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment