Friday, August 10, 2012

Pick Up Trip

On Tuesday bright and early we took off for Florida. We being myself, Joselin, Anthony and Larissa.  We didn't have any hotel reservations or specific plans. We just knew that we had to be at Team Missions International by 8 pm to pick Sarah up.

We got to Merritt Island early enough to find a hotel and let the kids play in the pool.



By 7:30 we had arrived at Team Missions International and got to wait for Sarah.  We were all very excited to see her....and she was very excited to see us.


Wednesday morning we loaded up the car and headed down to the pool.  I had an internet friend coming over from Orlando.  Her family is in the process of adopting some girls from foster care and we have communicated on-line.  It is funny how supportive foster/adoptive families can be of each other without ever having met in person.

While we were sitting at the pool we had an elderly lady come up to us and talk to us. We had a slew of kids with us and she came up to us and told us how great our kids were behaving.  She had adopted 2 older kids years ago and was very excited to share her adoption story with us. 

Joselin and Sarah walked the beach together while we visited and watched kids.  I was very happy to see them spend time together.  I know that Joselin has regrets for how her relationship with Sarah went.  I told her that it wasn't too late to work on it because Sarah is a very forgiving person.  I told her that Sarah would be open to a relationship with her.  I was glad to see Joselin take the opportunity to work on it.


Joselin also spent time with the little ones at the beach.  Larissa would jump into her arms at each wave, I half expected her to knock Joselin over!  Joselin is all of 4'9" tall.



I love this picture of two sisters.


We took a little time for shopping.




and eating.

Larissa said no to the kids meal.....ribs.



After our hearty meal we headed home.  Joselin told me that this was the first trip with family where she felt like she was a part of the family.  I asked her why she felt it was different.   She said because she actually worked at interacting with everyone and talking.  I asked her how that felt and she said it was very nice.  Much better then sulking.  Ahhh, growth is possible.

  It was a super quick trip to Florida but it was a very fulfilling trip.  I got to pick up Sarah, Joselin was able to connect with some of her siblings and I got to meet an online friend.

Great trip!

(Sarah will share in the next few days about her trip.  It is her story.)


2 comments:

  1. It was fun, and it was so great to meet you in person! You have been a great encouragement to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your trip went well and that Sarah is home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete