Monday, March 19, 2012

A New Start

Today my husband started a training position with the State's Executive Office for Human Affairs. He is training under a program with the Veteran's Administration. Hopefully training with this office will eventually lead to a job.



I am going to miss having him around during the day.  It seems like he wasn't home for very long. He was the homework man and he picked up and dropped off the kids at school.  He did a lot of work in the yard but there is still a lot of work left to do!  The poor yard has been neglected for a long time.

We have been working in the kitchen....still.  I may never finish that project.  Sunday we took out the old sink and put in the new one.  We didn't get the plumbing connected and tonight we still don't have water in the kitchen.  We were trying to hook up the dishwasher drain line and it split.  Late night run to Lowe's and we have the part but not the gumption to pull out the dishwasher.  Hopefully tomorrow we will get water.  In the meantime, not much cooking is happening.

I do have big news....Dimples is upstairs.  She has been upstairs since Friday. Today her bed got taken apart and moved upstairs.  Three girls in one room and it is going normally!  I do still have some rearranging to do.  Everything up there is Larissa's.  There is one desk and it is a normal size room so three desks are not going to fit up there.  I think that I will take the desk out and build a piece for storage for three girls stuff.  I have a plan forming in my mind but am trying to ignore that compulsion since I need to finish that kitchen and this semesters classes first.

Well, I need to get back to painting and then to bed.  Have a great night.



No comments:

Post a Comment