Sunday, June 14, 2015

Road Trip

Our road trip for the summer is firming up.  We will be spending two nights in the Niagara Falls area and then heading to Indiana to visit family.  We will also be meeting up with Kathy who I meet through her blog.  It is a very small world.

We haven't decided if we are going to drive the north route through Canada or go the southern route. If we go through Canada we may spend a day in Toronto.  Anyone from that area?  Take that route? What would you do with a day in Toronto?


Two weeks on the road, I hope we survive!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone have passports for Canada?? Toronto: CN Tower and Chinatown.... Detroit: Henry Ford Museum.... Ann Arbor: Univ of Michigan campus, Matthias Botanical Gardens, Children's Hands On Museum.... Battle Creek: Binder Park Zoo (small zoo, very nice)... I used to live in Mich, if you have any questions! Lots to see and do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband grew up in White Pigeon, Michigan. We lived there for one year after he retired from the army. The record snow fall that year encouraged us to move south!

      Delete
  3. I know you don't know me from a hole in the ground but I grew up in Toronto and often visit (I live about an hour away at the moment). One thing to keep in mind if you are crossing the border... Toronto is hosting the PanAm games starting on July 10 and going for at least a month (once the regular games are over, it's time for the Para Pan Am). It may be very busy! But if you do decide to come, I'd love to meet your family! You are such an inspiration to me! There is tons to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reserved a room for the night of the 6th with no problems. We will only be there one day. I assume people are coming in later in the week. From what I read on all the sites children under 16 don't need passports. We have birth certificates and a letter from DSS allowing us to take Little Man into Canada. If that is acceptable to get across the border and we could meet up on the 6th. We will be at Niagara Falls from the 4th until the morning of the 6th.

      Delete