Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Camp/Sleepovers


Today we sent Anthony and Larissa off to camp with our church.  Michelle went last time and Emma is not ready.  Next year Anthony will go to a different camp and I hope to send all three girls.

Larissa was excited but clung to me.  The only time she has been away from home since she became ours was when she went with Sarah to Tasha's house.  She was able to call me tonight to tell me all about her day.  Apparently the food is good and they have an ice cream machine.  I hope that she is able to keep up with everyone since she tires so easily.

Anthony was more confident and excited.  I have a family friend who has a boy his age and he has spent the night at their home a few times.  The kids can call home if needed and I haven't heard from him.  It is hard for me to believe that he will be in middle school next year, they grow up so fast.

I was recently talking with some of my older kids about how things are different.  They used to spend the night at friends houses all the time and had sleepovers at our house as well.  With this group of kids we don't do sleepovers often.  Anthony has one friend that spends the night, the same friend that he sleeps over at their house.  With the girls I don't have any close friends with girls their age so no one that I trust them to spend the night at.  It is just easier to say we don't do sleepovers unless I know the mom very well and stick with it.

I was shocked the other day when one of Anthony's friends mom called and asked if Anthony could come over to their house.  I told her that it wasn't a good time and she offered to come and pick him up.  I didn't even know who she was!  Why would I let her come and pick my kid up?  I did offer to have them come over and swim but haven't heard from her since.  Am I paranoid? Would you have let someone who called your house to come over and pick up your kid?

Do you do sleepovers?  Do you let your kid go to sleepovers?

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do a sleepover, until I'm comfortable with that family... And only if I'm confident in my kiddo...
    Yeah, that was weird. She probably didn't have bad intentions, but it was pushy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that she had any bad intentions either, just beyond my comfort zone.

      Delete
  2. We don't do sleep-overs. And I never have. I know everybody does it, but I just don't...

    ReplyDelete