Sunday, January 16, 2011

Confession

I have a confession, I never did the WIC appointment for Kiwi and I don't plan on doing one. I will tell the SW that if the parents want WIC for her then they can schedule an appointment for her after they get her back. Also, I don't plan on going to the WIC appointment for the baby in February (she will be one year old).
.
Why? Because after they are off of formula I just don't see that the value is worth my time. I do not have an interest is sitting at the health department waiting for them to do their little physical on the kids. Sitting there waiting for them to call me for the vouchers. Sitting in on another class (that I have gone to numerous times with other foster kids).
.
I also don't care to hold up the line at the grocery store while they figure out how to process each voucher and take forever doing it. I don't care for all the glares from others waiting in line.
.
Oh, I will do it for the formula vouchers because formula is so expensive. But, after the baby is off formula, no more WIC appointments for me.
.
We did go to Walmart tonight to pick up the formula. When I got in line there were no other customers in line. I didn't bother to look back at the other customers but I did notice the line growing. My husband was with me and I guess he did look at them. He said they were all getting annoyed. I figured that they were because the cashier was having some problems. Everyone is in such a hurry these days and any delay causes aggravation.
.
So, while I was waiting for the cashier to process the WIC vouchers I determined that I had enough. I will use next months formula vouchers and then I will be done with WIC (at least with these foster kids). Ah, it feels great to rid myself of that obligation.
.
Other then the WIC voucher fiasco my day was good. We attended church this morning and have decided to transfer our membership. We are also working on getting a Bible study group in our home on Sunday afternoons.
.
The church we are going to is a little different. I guess it is the modern church. They have a band and wear jeans. I actually like the jeans, I don't feel judged by what I am wearing. They also encourage small group Bible studies and we like that idea. It allows for more personal fellowship. Also, Sarah went on a ski trip with the youth group and enjoyed herself. She has decided to attend the Wednesday night youth group meetings. That shall be a challenge since I have class that night.
.
After church we went to lunch and then John and I went to a movie together....just the two of us!
.
Tomorrow John will be home and I don't have class. I have doctor appointments for both foster babies. Kiwi got her 2 year shots last week but has a follow up on her MRSA and the baby needs two shots. I really do not like holding babies for shots. Hmmm, wonder if I can get John to do that.
.
John asked me today about our adoption paperwork. I really haven't heard anything so I guess I need to call on Tuesday or Wednesday. Tuesday's schedule is filling up. I need to see what else we need to do. We did a lot when we got certified to foster and they have our adoption home study from when we adopted Anthony and Larissa. So, I have no idea how much updating needs to be done. The snow here just about stopped the state for several days so everything is behind. I guess I need to at least make sure that our paperwork got to the right person.
.
Well, we had a nice, quiet, uneventful day....just like I like them. I hope that everyone else had a great day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment