Since the budget didn't allow for any excitement this spring break I decided to tackle a project that I had been wanting to do for a long time.......a bench seat for the dining room.
I had these chairs sitting in our garage.
Our dining room table before. The chairs are all big and only three are really meant to fit on the side. Getting in and out is a struggle.
In my usual lazy way I wanted to use two chairs as the base. I simply connected the two chairs together. I used a Kreg jig to screw it in on the side.
I had a long board attached with vice grips running across both chairs so that they aligned up correctly and then used a book to allow for me to offset the wood that joined the two chairs.
Two joined chairs
Stained seat top.
I wonder how many kids we can sit on that bench.
A less cluttered (and more colorful) look. My husband asked if I was going to add a cushion and at this time I am opting not to, my kids are slobs so why go there.