Sunday, May 28, 2017

Crazy Life

I know, I just disappeared. I have a good reason, life is crazy right now. Managing all the kids plus the new foster baby life was good. We received several more calls for placements but none of them worked out. Then we received a call from a county 2 hours away wanting to know if we could take three kids for an emergency placement. I said that we couldn't, we only had two openings. About 30 seconds after I got off the phone I received a text from my licensing worker telling me that we could take 3 kids if they were a sibling group. First they said overnight so we jumped in and said yes.

Well, short term, long term, we will see. The kids are still here and we are trying to find balance. Of course it didn't help that John had foot surgery on Thursday. His biggest job has been to hold itty bitty. Lets just say that itty bitty is getting a little spoiled. He now thinks that he must be held all the time. He is doing great, he no longer chews frantically on his fingers and doesn't even take a binky anymore.

Our emergency, temporary placement is keeping us on our toes (and breaking the bank). The kids ages are 18 months, 2 1/2 and 8. Yes, we now have 4 kids ages 3 and younger. A lot of diapers there!

Hopefully some time tomorrow I will catch up. If not, I am changing diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment