Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Halloween has come and gone but the candy wrappers are here to stay (until I find all the hiding spots).  Honestly, I find that I am less and less interested in Halloween.  I refused to buy new outfits this year and told the kids to dig up stuff from the house.


Further failure is the lack of carved pumpkins on the front porch.  We bought pumpkins and then Sarah carved half of one.  Next year we will put out some molded plastic lit-up ones and be done
with it.


I am not sure why I don't feel like celebrating Halloween big.  It just seems like another day in which I am supposed to go out and spend big money for candy.  Not feeling it.  Anyone else?


Since I had 6 little ones we ended up going to the recreation department for the trick or treating activities.  It was actually pretty nice with a mild haunted house and lots of coupons and candy.  Better yet, I didn't lose any kids.


Waiting in line, sizing it up, Anthony is about as tall as Sarah.


So there is my unexciting Halloween post.  I guess that it sums up my feelings about this event.  Every year it just becomes another burden in which I have the opportunity to fail. 

1 comment:

  1. There are so many churches having fall festivals or trunk or treat, you could just go to one of those and be done with it. That's about what we do. Jasmine did go out t or t'ing for about a half hour in a nearby neighborhood. The littles did a pumpkin which we donated to the church pumpkin patch and that was it.

    ReplyDelete