Saturday, November 23, 2013

Changes

Changes, they happen often in our lives. It looks like our two foster kids will be able to go home after the first of the year.  It will be so strange not having those two little ones at home every day.  However, I consider this a good thing.  We have not had too many foster children who have returned home after the parents completed their plan.  I sure hope that the changes that have been made continue.  I know that Larissa will miss having them around during the day.  It would have been nice if the kids had been able to go home before Christmas.  Their social worker isn't able to get a court date until January.

I have been struggling myself.  I am not sure what it is.  My doctor did tell me that my thyroid levels were off and my medications were increased.  However, it has not helped with my motivation level.  I would rather nap every day but instead keep plugging along.  Perhaps it is stress.

John was let go today.  He was working at a training program through the VA at the DMV.  He was working a special project that was supposed to take a year to complete.  John completed it in 4 months so they no longer had a need for him.  This has just really driven home for us that these companies that are taking in these veterans and offering training opportunities for them really are not.  They are using them as cheap labor to complete menial tasks.  After he completed the project he was put to work shredding.  They offered him a training position to stuff envelopes but he declined since he didn't think that he needed training in that area.  So we will adjust our budget and carry on.  Hopefully we will survive spending lots of time together!

Right now we are really in a place where we don't know which way to go.  We hadn't sent in our homestudy information because we didn't want our foster kids moved if a placement became available.  Looks like this is a good time to finish it and send it in.  Adoptions wants us to keep our home open and to not accept any other foster kids.  That will be hard but we are going to try and take a break.  However, if they call with a baby I am not sure I can do that.  Just being honest.

The holiday season is upon us and I need my mojo back.  Please pray for me.  I need to get out of this pit that I find myself in.

1 comment:

  1. I guess we're in a funk together. I'm praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete