Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Court

Today I went to court for little man. It was a court date to determine how long the TPR trial will be, who will be called as a witness and how long ti will take so that they can schedule the TPR hearing. It has been scheduled for August and I will be a witness since I am one of the few people that the parents have spoken to in the last 2 years. I am glad that we are at this phase, I also am aware that many people who have gone for TPR hearings have had their hearings continued. This is the same county that our last baby was in. I find it sad that the inability of the courts to hear the cases is a reason for kids staying in care longer than they should. They used to have two court days a month but now only have one.

Little one has been with us so long without any visitations and such that he just feels like one of ours!

I still have a stack of paperwork to fill out for the adoption license so I guess that I need to get with it! I think I have three more physicals to get done and some other random paperwork to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment