Monday, April 2, 2018

Sick

Trying to keep my blog updated and I get sick! I was sick all week. I started the week off with a stomach bug. Just as I was getting over that I came down with a sore throat. By Saturday it was so sore the pain was running down both sides of my neck so I went to a local medical place. I actually had strep and an ear infection! I haven't had either in a very long time, I think strep was about 25 years ago! I am very thankful for antibiotics.

Of course momma duties don't end. During the week Itty was sick and I had to take him to the doctor, he had an ear infection and has been sick with something else. Today was the first day in a while that he was really feeling well and happy. We celebrated his first birthday this last week. He wasn't feeling the best but he did love the chocolate!


I made him some shirts. One for eating cake and the other for after he got cleaned up from eating cake.



Then we had the issues with the glasses. Michelle came home with her glasses broken in half. She said that a girl pinched her face and they broke. I called the school to see if this was the true story and if so that this girl needs to keep her hands off of Michelle's face. Apparently it wasn't a big issue with the school because I have talked to three people and never got any response. Yes, it is sad that I can't just take her word for what happened! Needless to say, I had to get her new glasses.




Sick or not I had to destress and paint a bit. I did some Easter rocks.





Call him Taters



Then it was during this time we started on some backyard projects. Timing! Another post..

The day before Easter I was picking up antibiotics and shopping for food. I also picked up basket items for the kids. I used to really enjoy doing baskets and found that this year was my most conflicting. Honestly, If I could have gotten Emma and Michelle nothing I would have. As it is they can't have candy because of braces and brushing issues so that part was decided. I did get them a paint by number set. I got Larissa one as well. I wanted to see who had the patience to do one before I looked more into them. I loved doing them when I was a kid. Larissa and Michelle have spent a lot of time working on theirs but Emma just colored in large blocks of colors and does not have the patience to wait for the outcome.

We shared Easter with some friends so I only had to cook half the meal, sharing is great. By Easter I was feeling much better and Itty was on the mend. Our only glitch was that Joselin chose to go with a friend for a few hours and got stuck at her friends house. She didn't get to join us.

My many blessings....



4 comments:

  1. Hope things continue to look up! I think you may have used Itty's real name in your last paragraph, just as a note

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did not do baskets. Mine get too much candy all the time. Did an egg "hunt" for the grands, but they weren't really into it so it was pretty laid back.

    ReplyDelete