Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Days

Our summer is moving along. I have a lot of things I want to accomplish and I have come to the conclusion that I won't!  I am lucky to just get all the kids fed every day and an appropriate amount of laundry finished.

Quick update:

This week Larissa tried out for the competitive dance team at her dance studio.  She was accepted and I look forward to all that entails.  I do feel the need for a paying job to pay for this experience!


Michelle left on Tuesday for camp with our church.  With modern technology we are able to see periodic pictures with updates.  She appears to be having a great time.

 
 
Sarah has decided that she wants to attend a University about 2 hours away.  The cut off date for applying is July 1 so we have been scrambling.  Oh my gosh!  I am not ready for her to leave but I understand her desire to spread her wings.
 
Jason has been in town a few weeks and is trying to get his life in order so that he can attend college in the fall in Charleston. Tasha has applied to a college in Charleston.  I AM NOT attending any college this semester but have been doing many FAFSA's.
 
Larissa is still wanting to homeschool so I am working on that paperwork.  Kassi is still working from behind and needs to find a high school program for the fall.  She may attend the virtual school that Sarah graduated from.  I really need to do a teen post some day.
 
My mothers aide has been replaced.  She asked one of my teens to clock her out of our house 45 minutes after she left.  That combined with missing the next day forced me to request a replacement.  I have been training the new person on my mom and she seems to be doing well.  My mom likes her and that is important.
 
I have been working on cleaning out the garage.....it is slow going.  I have a friend who wants to go into business with me but I just don't know if I have the time, geez, I can't even get the garage cleaned out.
 

Made more bedroom changes.  Larissa has been having a hard time with sleeping.  The other night she came down saying that she was scared.  I asked her if she needed us to put the bed back in our bedroom and she said yes.  She left and I assumed that she went upstairs until John came to me and said that our bedding was moving.  She had crawled into our bed and John slept on the couch that night.  So a bed has been added to our bedroom.
 
I have connected with our adoption worker and she is going to come out sometimes to update our homestudy.  We have a fire inspection sometime around the 10th of July and Kassi needs to get fingerprinted.
 
We got a new foster child.  A three year old boy and it is a messy case.  I believe that he will be in our home less than a month.  If he doesn't go to a parent on Monday then he will go with a relative on his merit hearing in July.  When he was dropped off we learned that Peanut and Kiwi may come back into care.  It has been years since they were in our home but we hope to have them placed with us if they do come into care.
 
I did video tape the kids and now am having technical difficulties.  Hopefully it will get posted soon!  If not I may have to retape.
 
I do believe that brings us up to date.  It seems like nothing is going on but in reality a lot is happening.  Life has a funny way of doing that.
 
Hope everyone is having a great summer.  nite


No comments:

Post a Comment