Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Paranoid

I have stayed away from posting because I just can't seem to find my happy place this week. I am still very bothered by the fact that I had boys snuck into my house while all the kids and I were in it. It is such a security issue for me.
.
I find that I am paranoid. Yep, I get up in the middle of the night and walk around the house. During the day I inspect the garage and make sure that stuff isn't being taken out there to disappear. We have had two IPods disappear lately. We do have someone in the home who has a long history of stealing from everyone in the family.
.
Lying, stealing, deception........it all gets old. I get tired of being the cop. I get tired of forgiving. I get tired of feeling like someone is taking advantage of me.
.
Today I was doing some research on alarm systems. Ours has not been activated in a long time and I think it is time to upgrade. I am looking at having a wireless system installed. All the doors will beep when they are opened. That still leaves the windows vulnerable.
.
Taking actions to add security systems seems to be the only thing I can do. Honestly, I am not sure what else I can do at this point. Sad thing, it is for protection from within.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. Counting days here. Found out he's telling people all sorts of crap about us ("life is pure hell here, don't know how long I can stand it" etc) but acting all nicey to our faces. Not confronting him about it--just acting like everything is fine and counting days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about spy cams in common areas?

    ReplyDelete