Saturday, September 9, 2017

Weather

the weather is crazy at this time. My brother and father live in Houston. I haven't heard from my father since we went to Texas to visit him. I did communicate with my brother and although his yard flooded he didn't have any damage to his home. I was concerned about my father in Spring because I saw a lot of flooding around the area. My brother was able to drive there to find that his house was not damaged either. I have tried contacting my father but have not been able to do so. So many people have been hurt by that hurricane.

It isn't just hurricanes, there are fires burning, many earthquakes in Idaho, earthquake in Mexico and now a hurricane heading for Florida. Our area was expecting to get hit but the cone has moved west. We still expect some effect from it, we will see.  The last week has made us think about our options. My mom is bedridden. She can't even sit comfortably in a wheelchair. We also have three foster children as well as the rest of our children. We determined that if we had to take my mom out we would use a blanket to put her on the floor of the van. We have removed the seat behind the drivers seat and with padding she could go there. It would take several of us lifting her to get her there. Then for her we would need to pack her medications, diapers and such. Thankfully we don't need to evacuate but this has given us time to think about our preparedness. We have some things we need to do for the future.

As I watch the coverage of this hurricane I am saddened by the damage. I am praying for everyone in Florida as well as everyone else impacted by all these weather conditions. Hurricane Irma is starting to head north, I hope that everyone in her path is in a save place. Our country has a lot of rebuilding to do. It is so overwhelming.

1 comment:

  1. I have been sitting here catching up on your blog since we have been without power for almost 8 hours. We are east of Atlanta and the wind and rain has been bad here. The wind has been almost scary at times. My parents evacuated from where they winter in FL. Thankfully, they live in a 40ft RV and are.able to take their home with them. They are currently safe in Meridian, MS. It is so hard to be prepared for weather you are not used to! I enjoy your blog. Thank you for sharing your lives with us!

    ReplyDelete