Thursday, September 7, 2017

Foster Update

I have been having posts that are pretty much pictures, yes, an easy way to show what we are up to but not much information. How is it going? (mixed bag)  How many times have I thought about having the girls moved? (Many) What is going on? Are you still sane?

Itty bitty is growing and attaching. He is at the 50% for weight and totally on target in all ways. I found out that the aunt will not work out. No ICPC. There is family in our state but the parents don't want him to go to them, they have that option at this time. The parents have moved back to their state and will work their case from there. Hmmmm, a new one for me. I did give them my cell number and when they text me I send them pictures and updates. Will that motivate them? So right now his case is, umm, complicated. The sad thing is IF the parents don't work their case and they get TPR then the local family can step forward and he would get moved to them. He won't know who they are but they are family. His worker has changed, not really sure who she is at this time. I rarely hear from his county which is fine, he is a sweet baby and we enjoy him.

The girls.....whew. We are tired. I took them in for evaluations and they are going to a therapist weekly. Honestly, I am not sure that what they get there is worth the time and effort that it takes to take them in. My husband and I take turns on getting totally frustrated so they are still here. Last week I finally got their birth certificates so I was able to put in the paperwork for little miss to get her into 4K. I was told that it will take about 2 weeks to process her paperwork. We are taking it day by day and dealing with priority issues.

Right now we are working on personal space. Whenever the girls meet someone or someone comes to the door, the girls will get right in their space. They will hug them, put their hands all over them and talk to them REAL close. It makes everyone uncomfortable. We have talked the stranger talk, talked about personal space, corrected them on each occurrence. So far we have seen no change in this behavior. I am totally open for suggestions!

The girls finally had a visits with their parents, they have only had one since coming into our home. They have to be transported 2 hours away so it is an all day event.  During their visit I received a text from their social worker telling me that the girls claimed that they had lice and we weren't willing to treat it. Huh? Yes they had lice and we treated it twice. Then I asked if they had any left and needed treated again. Uh, I guess not since she didn't text me back. I found the whole thing rather odd. Later she asked me why I hadn't told her about the lice. Well......I had sent her many texts about many more pressing things and she never responded. When she never responded to my texts I stop sending them after a while. Actually there was one point where I was totally frustrated and wrote a long book. Her response was asking me if we were giving a 10 day notice for moving them. Ugh, this is the same county that Emma and Michelle came from and we were their 7th placement. Now I see that instead of giving support they simply move the kids. That really didn't help Emma and Michelle one bit.

So we persevere. I get relief by painting late at night and tiny bit by tiny bit the girls are learning. The tantrums have diminished a lot as they have learned that they just don't work. Slowly they are learning that we mean what we say. I had a big turning point when I realized that I hadn't prayed for these girls or for us. The day after I prayed little miss came up to me and hugged me and called me mom. Just Friday older sis came running in the house after school hollering mom, mom. I came up to her and said what. She was so excited, she got to get something from the treasure box at school. It seemed like such a "normal" moment. She was so proud and I was proud for her.

Bit by bit, pray for us!

1 comment: