Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Passing

My friend has passed away from her injuries and I will miss her. Over the years I have known her I have watched her struggle with the long term effect of abuse she suffered as a child. I tried to get her to find a therapist but she never did. Sometimes I saw glimpses of my troubled kids in her. I wish that she had been able to find peace with her past but that didn't happen. But she did love being a part of our family. She found great joy in every day life and had such a great outgoing personality.

She wanted love, unconditional love. However, her sons rejected her for her ex-husband and I watched her cry many times over that loss. I remember the day she said that she wondered how they would react if she died. Over the last month I watched those boys suddenly come to her side. The thing she wanted most, her boys, came in the end. But I can't help but feel that they may one day realize the pain that they caused their mom.

She stopped by my house a few days before her accident. We had a nice, short visit and as she left I told her I loved her. I am thankful for that visit.

If you love someone, show them that now. Don't wait because you aren't promised a tomorrow.

Love you, I will miss you until we meet again.



4 comments:

  1. I am glad you had that visit with your friend. How very sad, I will always ensure seatbelts are worn correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of you friend. Hopefully she is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Hopefully her sons will learn something through this. I know she leaves an empty place in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so tragic (just read about the accident and surgeries needed). i am sorry for your loss but relieved you got to tell your friend you loved her when you last saw her.

    ReplyDelete