Monday, December 31, 2018

Christmas 2018 Continued

Last Christmas a friend gave me some rocks and she asked for a painted nativity on rocks in return, she knew my schedule so she asked for them for this Christmas. You would think a year would give me plenty of time. Ha, a true procrastinator that I am I started two days before I was going to give it to her! I couldn't find a shepherd rock so I still owe her another rock.






Some of the kids made up their annual Christmas stocking song.



We also baked and decorated cookies..




Pictures were taken


Cookies were placed with care by the fireplace




and Santa came. This year he didn't bring candy for the stockings. I made homemade fudge instead. I think that next year I will make more homemade goodies to put in the stockings. There are a lot of stockings to fill! I think I missed some socks.


Christmas Day was great but a little off schedule. Our youngest foster baby's parents contacted me and asked if they could come and see him. We said yes and they came and had a great time visiting. However, it threw off my schedule. I cooked the fastest Christmas meal ever! All the kids and grandkids made it home and I didn't take any pictures. I actually have a lot of pictures of our foster baby and his parents so I could send to his parents for his first Christmas. After they left I spent my time cooking, eating and visiting with all our kids. So much chaos but such a blessing.

How did your day go? Any new traditions?




1 comment: