Sunday, October 14, 2018

Weather

No posts lately as I have no internet and phone. I realized that I was paying $50/month for international calls. I never make international calls so changed it to domestic calls for $35/month. I had no idea that would knock out my bundled phone and internet! So here I am posting from my phone.

Last week we had hurricane Michael plow through. I spent the morning at the hospital waiting for my husband who was having foot surgery. I must say he is a terrible patient, he went to the bathroom causing his surgery site to bleed through the dressing! I can’t keep him off his feet at home either. Sigh..

Before the hurricane hit Panama City I had invited some friends to come to our home. Kathy Cassel and family did leave their home to go to a more secure location. At the time the hurricane was a category 2, they had no idea it would become much stronger. Here is South Carolina we actually got more rain from Michael than we did from hurricane Florence.

For a few days we did not hear anything from Kathy. I was quite concerned for their safety. Thankfully today I heard from them and learned that they were safe but without electricity and water. They also have no cell phone service so communicating with others is hard. It is terrible watching the destruction that nature can cause. It makes me thankful each day for what we have. Losing phone and internet for a few days is put into perspective as an annoyance when realizing that some folks have lost everything.

We had a beautiful sunset the day of hurricane Michael, it looked like the clouds were on fire.




Anyone impacted by the last two hurricanes?

No comments:

Post a Comment